Evidence and Stranjah live at Tota Lounge. few rewinds and shit.
It’s Friday Again, and we are proud to bring you our latest feature mix! This week’s insight is on Phil Robinson, better known as Philth. Hailing from London in the UK, Philths production of drum and bass from the deeper spectrum, ” Is something that’s grown on me until it became more of an addiction. I’ve always been obsessed by how music could capture emotions, like when the music of a film tells you everything about what the characters are feeling, until you don’t need a film, you just hear the song and feel that powerful emotional pull. I want to do this, to write music that connects people… But I grew up on a diet of filth and breakbeats. Sometimes what I make is just a load of growly noises and a break, but it still has to have some form of feeling behind it”. With releases already on Dispatch, Peer Pressure, Flexout, AutomAte, Terrabyte Recordings, and Soul Deep, Philth also has forthcoming music on said labels, as well as Playaz.
Check out Philth’s weekly show on Origin (www.originuk.net) every Monday afternoon from 16:00 – 18:00 GMT.
A massive big ups to Philth on such a tight mix!
Philth FB: http://ift.tt/1qDIYsg
Philth SC: http://ift.tt/1r2UQi5
1) Facing Jinx – Facade [Peer Pressure]
2) Jubei ft dBridge – These Things VIP
3) Bredren – LRC
4) Scar – So Suddenly
5) Concept Vision + Segment – Deserted
6) Bassment – Integral [Peer Pressure dub]
7) Quadrant + Iris – Genesis Wave
8) Ed Rush & Optical – Wormhole
9) Philth – Fire [Peer Pressure dub]
10) Ed Rush + Optical – Medicine (Matrix remix)
11) Noel – Puzzle
12) Eastcolors – Murderer (Audio + Meth remix)
13) Audio – Break It
14) Xtrah + DLR – Direct Approach
15) Icicle – Late Hours VIP
16) Bredren + Philth – Ghost Palace [Blendits dub]
17) Ed Rush + Optical – Kerbcrawler
18) SPY – Riding the Void
19) Nymfo – Worms
20) Realtime – Derpetroid [Peer Pressure dub]
21) Ulterior Motive – The Rattler
22) Quadrant, Kid Hops + Iris – Microsleep
23) Philth + Bredren – The Hunted [Dispatch Recordings dub]
24) Ulterior Motive – INTA National
25) Trace – Sonar
26) Audio – Gotham
27) Philth – Souzou VIP [Dispatch Recordings dub]
Reso’s very awesome remix of our tune ‘Middle Of The Night,’ remastered as a TBT tune in the wake of our remix contest for Middle Of The Night.
Find out more info on the Middle Of The Night Remix contest here: http://ift.tt/11IqvQ9
Legendary Flowdan on the mic. Music from Dullah Beats, Killjoy, Footsie, Flava D, Joker, Deeco, Wiley, Z Dot, Spyro, Trends and more.
The third in our Elijah & Skilliam Show Series.
Photo by Jimmy Mould
Live in NZ.
More info here
1.The Mutant Hunter – The Untouchables
2.Tribal Music – Theory
3.Spray Can – Spirit
4.Wormhole – Scale
5.End of Time – Double O
6.Buckshot – Theory
7.Sunshine – Fierce and Zero T
8.Delusions – Seba and Paradox
9.Square One – Digital and Spirit
10.Desolation – Dylan
11.Straight 98 – Double O
12.Motif – Overlook
13.Wisen Up – Double O
14.Inspector – Module Eight
15.Berberian Sound – Seba
16.Warrior Stance (Amit rmx) – Darqwan
17.Segment – Clarity & Skeptical
18.Every Moment is Precious – Theory
Tony Vegas & Prime Cuts, AKA The Scratch Perverts join Dan Tait on a very special DJsounds Show. Watch as the duo scratch and cut their way through their James-Lavelle-curated Meltdown Festival set, of course using two vintage DJM-909 scratch mixers (which they helped design) complete with built in synths. You will notice that Tony is rocking two CDJ-2000nxs players and Prime Cuts is using two of our brand new PLX-1000 turntables. Cypress Hill, James Brown, The Pharcyde, Nas, De La Soul, Aloe Blacc all make an appearance. Heavy.
Boom! Serious D’n’B on the DJsounds show for the first time with DJ Marky. Watch how the Brazilian hero cuts and scratches his way through an epic 50 minute mix on the PLX-1000s including his trademark scratching upside down trick!
Friday 10th October 2013 two hours live in the mix (No Talking edit) all vinyls from the collection of Horrific James 1996-2004.
All music by Digital, Spirit or ‘Phantom Audio’ .Label’s including
For all those that asked for downloads of our Hospital mix!
The 4th U.S. podcast is hosted by Quadrant and Iris from sunny Seattle, Washington, featuring music from S.P.Y, Logistics and Metrik.
1. Klute – Speak No Fish – Commercial Suicide
2. Total Science ft Grimm – So Addicted – Warm Communications
3. SSXUB – Little By Little – Non Vogue
4. Ulterior Motive – You Must See – Metalheadz
5. Cern & Hydro- Those Left Behind – Dispatch
6. Bop – Song About My Dog (Subwave Remix) – Med School
7. S.P.Y – Wall of Mirrors – Hospital Recordings
8. Break – Coming 4 U – Warm Communications
9. Trindade – Urbandawn – Med School
10. Definate – Never Lasting – Authentic Music
11. S.P.Y – Perth Sunset – Hospital Recordings
12. Quadrant + Kid Hops + Iris – Borealis – Dispatch LTD
13. SSXUB – Antipodes – Non Vogue
14. Ulterior Motive feat. James Sutherland – Muted – Metalheadz
15. A-Sides feat Eavesdrop – Take Me In Your Arms – Eastside
16. Logistics – Kestral – Hospital Records
17. Reso – Pulse Code – Med School
18. Ulterior Motive – Sideways – Metalheadz
19. Nu:Logic – We Live There (feat. DRS)(VIP) – Hospital Records
20. Nu:Logic – Everlasting Days (feat. Lifford) – Hospital Records
21. Siren – Rollers Convention – Siren Records
22. Metrik – Human Again (feat. Jan Burton) – Hospital Records
23. Nymfo – ElectroSmog – Commercial Suicide
24. Icicle – Problem (feat. Skittles) – Shogun Audio
25. Hybris – Garbage Truck (Misanthrop Remix) – Invisible
26. Camo & Krooked – All Night – Hospital Records
27. John Rolodex – Back To Basics – Hospital Records
28. S.P.Y – Baconhead – Hospital Records
29. Logistics – Akiruno – Hospital Records
30. Break – Authentic – Quarantine
31. Placid – Gravitation – Hospital Records
32. Break – Evil Twin – Symmetry
33. Wilkinson – Afterglow – RAM Records
34. Fred V & Grafix – Major Happy – Hospital Records
35. Rawtekk – Photone Recruits (Phace Remix) – Hospital Records
36. S.P.Y – Mucky Business – Hospital Records
37. London Elektricity – Just One Second (Apex Remix) – Hospital Records
Shouts to all the people who we didn’t have time to mention in the podcast:
Ronin, Raving Religion, Newbiggen Crew, Repercussion, Realtime, the Everyday Junglist podcast crew, Future Perfect, Kaset, The DnbRadio crew, Basic Forces, Palma Mallorca, Epilleptech, Disturbd, Sleepy Nick & Crystal, BoomShockAM, Arkho, DC DnB Collective, Come Correct Crew, and the Shetland Island DnB Fans. Thanks for your support!
The invited guests at this month’s Playaz session in Room One, Drumsound & Bassline Smith have been in the drum & bass game for a good while already but they’re showing no signs of decelerating. Having just announced their latest single, ‘Come Alive’ which features Youngman on vocal duties, they dropped us a link to an octane 30 minute mixtape that we’ve now upped in promotion of their upcoming set on the 28th November.
Advance tickets: http://ift.tt/1xD8xM6